Sunday, December 15, 2013

Finding Myself

           While I have only lived in 2 states very long, and those being the neighboring southern states of South Carolina and Georgia, I have occupied the walls of over forty dwellings that were home to anyone but myself.  Out of place to say the least I have drifted from bad situation to the next, always adapting to a new temporary role, putting on a face that would provide me a warm bed and food.  It was never very long in one spot before my suppressed personality emerged in a fit of rage.  I have been thrown out of almost as many places. 

          I have learned that one of the most difficult things that someone can do is to be someone they are not.  It is through the gift of writing that my life has found meaning, but like anything, you have to put action behind your passion or it doesn't do any good.  I am searching for my place in the world, a home that will not fade, and while I've taken some time to get there, I believe some wonderful things are about to transform.  It's a journey of uncertainty and I would love some company along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment